Scranton City Trash Assistance Program
How can it help?
The Scranton City Trash Assistance Program is intended to aid individuals and families struggling with the effects of poverty.
WHAT DO I NEED TO QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM?
• One applicant per household
• Eligible applicants must reside within the city of Scranton
• Provide proof of income for the household
• Valid photo ID
• Other outstanding balance is paid off/payment arrangement is in place
• An applicant’s household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED ON YOUR BEHALF
Up to $336 per household will be provided by Agency for Community EmPOWERment directly to the city.
Priority will be given to those households that qualify for weatherization services through Agency for Community EmPOWERment.
Priority to Single Family Residents
Must not have a balance greater than $700 or an agreement in place to pay the balance of past due City Trash Fees
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY?
All requested documentation must be fully completed, with the necessary supporting documents attached, and submitted to: email@example.com
If an applicant is unable to provide documentation via email, paper packets may be submitted via USPS to:
Agency for Community EmPOWERment of NEPA
300 Lackawanna Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
PLEASE NOTE: Only completed applications will be reviewed. Please ensure that the application and supporting documentation is submitted in a complete and final format.